Sunday, July 27, 2008

Attention!

Have you ever had one of those days were you just really wanted to veg out on the couch and watch stupid movies?  Well today was one of those days for me. Of course, the operative word in the first sentence is wanted.  As much as I wanted to do nothing but catnap and snack all day, I had made previous commitments for today and I had a bunch of other cr*p that needed to get done, so I had to pass on the couch potato routine.

So now that it is nearly bedtime again, I'm finally ready to catch up on my daily dose of TV reality.  But no, Mother Nature is conspiring against me.  We are in the midst of some wicked storms, so the only thing I get to watch is the message that says "Attention - acquiring satellite signal".  In our part of the country, this is a fairly common occurence, so I should be used to this.  But today, this is especially annoying.

You see, we were supposed to have the latest and greatest thing to hit TV service installed this weekend.  TV service feed through our phone lines - or what I like to call Super-duper TV!  Ever since they announced that this service was coming to our area, Mr. Monkeygirl has been researching our options.  Checking out the packages, making passionate and complete sales pitches on what the benefits of Super-Duper TV would be for us.  (Dude, you don't need to sell me on this but I appreciate the effort!!) He knows all of the installation trucks in our area by sight and he gives me frequent updates on who just got the service and how close we are. 

Now, don't get me wrong, Mr. Monkeygirl is not a stalker or freakishly obsessive.  He works for the company that was going to install our service so he has the inside scoop on what is going on.  When our neighbor had super-duper TV installed a couple of weeks ago, Mr. Monkeygirl went into overdrive.  After following all of the proper steps and procedures, we were advised that we were qualified and could schedule the install.

Yesterday was supposed to be the big day.  Everything was set and the really nice guy arrived to start the process.  After a couple of hours and a couple of other really, nice techs coming by to visit, we got the news.  We were denied service because we are really farther away than we should be.  

Mr. Monkeygirl is not deterred, he has a plan to get us super-duper TV in the near future.  I hope he is right, because this "Attention" show is really boring.

2 comments:

NV said...

Sorry to hear you're in the unknown zone ... but take heart. That ATTENTION show can't be much worse than what was on all weekend. Sure was a blah one for TV.

MonkeyGirl said...

NV - Thanks for letting me know that I didn't miss anything. Besides, when do you even find time to watch TV??