Friday, March 6, 2009

Going Topless

It was a glorious day!  From the moment I got up, I knew it was going to be a good day.  I could hear the birds singing happily outside my window.  No coat or gloves were required for monster pup's morning stroll.

By lunchtime, it was closer to Caribbean weather so we went to lunch topless!  My BFF and I hitched a ride with D in her cute convertible (shame on you for thinking anything other than that).  Apparently, we weren't the only ones who decided to take advantage of the sun and warmth.  Our chosen diner hadn't put out their patio furniture yet, so we opted for a neighboring establishment who never put theirs away.  I guess we were a little too late to catch an outside table so we settled for a table close to the open doors.  The breeze was awesome and felt so good!

Our waitress was awful - but apparently she was aware of that because she didn't charge us for our drinks -she said "I know my service was really bad today".  I guess the fact that I had to track her down on the other side of the joint to request our bill so we could get back to the office for the afternoon round of meetings was a dead giveaway.

It is days like these that I seriously miss my itsy-bitsy blue spyder.  She was a racy little car that I really loved, until I had to carry anything other than myself anywhere.  The good news is that I can live my convertible dreams vicariously through D and I can still carry people and stuff in my new ride.  The sunroof helps, but it just isn't the same.  I have to get out tomorrow and enjoy the warmth while I can!

1 comment:

NV said...

Thought maybe you found one of those beaches on your Caribbean vacation! :-)