Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Trick of the Light

Generally I like Daylight Saving Time.  It is nice to travel to and from the daily drudgery without the use of headlights.  Taking my black puppy for a walk when there is some ambient light out makes things much easier since he likes to zig-zag when he walks.  Generally, daylight makes me happy!

Today, I got tricked by the light.  Doing research for a morning meeting, I promised myself that I would leave before dark.  Working away, I kept one eye on the window for the impending twilight.  As the last rays of the sun were setting, I made good on my promise to leave before dark.  As I was turning out the lights I glanced over at the clock and realized it was almost 7:30!  I should have know it was late when the cleaning crew wandered through and they were vacuuming the neighboring offices, but it never dawned on me to look at a clock.

I guess I need to start paying more attention to the time since I can no longer rely on the evening sky as an indicator of when I should leave!

2 comments:

NV said...

yup! I'm getting tricked on the other end of the spectrum. It's still REALLY dark when I leave FOR work where it had started to get lighter before the change.

MonkeyGirl said...

Yeah, to see that I would have to get up really early and I'm not going there!