Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ziggies and the Kong


I think that Ziggies and Kong are the greatest inventions on the face of the planet.  I mean I love my iPhone and digital cameras are great.  The combustion engine has changed lives and electricity is nice to have.  But when you really get down to it, I have to give a big nod to the inventor of the Kong and Ziggie.

When you have a growing puppy who loves to chew on everything, especially your hands and feet and you are trying to work from home and get stuff done, you need something to distract them.  Wander around the house and find the Kong stuffed behind a door and insert a Ziggie and I can pretty much guarantee that I won't hear a peep out of the dog until he gets the Ziggie to a point where he can't reach it!  If you have a dog that likes to chew, these things are a must.  They are virtually indestructible (it is the only toy Coal has that hasn't been ripped apart) and it keeps him busy for hours!  Not only are they fun to chew on, but their snowman like shape makes them a fun fetch toy because the wobble across the floor in circles.  I need to remember to pull this one out when Coal gets bored being cooped up inside on these long snowy days!

2 comments:

Ty'sMommy said...

I really hate to say this (ok, no I don't, cuz frankly, its pretty funny), but that looks distinctly like something I saw recently at a...ahem...."toy" store....LOL

MonkeyGirl said...

LOL! This one doesn't remind me so much of a different kind of toy but I did buy one from Target that made my sisters jaw drop when he walked in the room with it. I have a hard time even picknig that one up without giggling!