Thursday, November 20, 2008

Out of Vodka- again!

Wouldn't you know it, after a long couple of days I just wanted to relax with a drink. A refreshing cocktail in the clear, crisp desert air might just be the thing to end the day on a high note. At the very least, after a couple of cocktails, we might not care what note the day ends on! Oh wait, this gets better - there is a free happy hour on the deck at the resort! Sweet!

New Boss and I skipped out on the evening's planned activities and decided to grab a drink and some dinner. Apparently, we were not alone and saw a lot of other familiar faces enjoying the beautiful November weather. The bartender was pouring drinks while dancing to the music playing and everyone seemed to be having a good time. Until this litting phrase was sung out..... uh, oh, I t'ink we out of Vodka!

Seriously? Again? What were we going to do? Being the efficient, fast thinking problem solving team that we are, we quickly surveyed the scene and saved the day. While, yes, we were technically out of the plain vodka, there was plenty of mandarin orange vodka to go around. Crisis averted and everyone was happy!

The funniest part of this is that just the day before we were chatting and the whole subject of running out of vodka came up along with blogging. I shared my blog with a few new people so when the waiter sang out his little tune - New Boss (I got to come up with a better name!) and I just looked at each other and started laughing!

3 comments:

sewwhat? said...

Hate that when it happens! Hope your head is feeling Ok this morning!

See you soon.

MonkeyGirl said...

The good news is that I'm home. The bad news, I'm pretty sure I have strep. I have to get up early to call for an appointment in the morning!

Mama Martha said...

I'm glad you made it home safe & sound. Too bad about being sick! Hope you can at least relax & be jell-o all weekend.