If you watch the news or read the papers, you would think that no one has anything to be thankful for. I beg your pardon, but I think I have a lot to be thankful for.
- I'm thankful that Mr. Monkeygirl just told me about a discount I can get on online shoes.
- I'm thankful that Skaterboy just tried to skate to his cousin's with Coal, and the dog stole his skateboard.
- I'm thankful that Friday I get to sleep late while Mr. M has to get up at the crack of dawn.
- I'm thankful that we - ok, Mr. M - has to make mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes for dinner tonight.
- I'm thankful that we have to decide who gets what car today for all of the places we need to be.
These may seem like silly things to be thankful for but they have a much deeper meaning. We have a home to live in. We still have a career in these difficult times. We can afford to own a car or two and even afford to put gas in them. We have a child who is safe and happy at home instead of being out god knows where. We have family to share a meal with and to love no matter what. We can afford to feed a teenager and a growing puppy, as well as ourselves. We have lots of friends who we want to share time with, laugh with, and comfort in times of need.
Today is the day to count your blessings. Everything may not be perfect in your world, but you all still have a lot to be thankful for. So to all of my family and friends, thank you for being a part of my life and for making it much richer and fuller than I could have ever imagined!