Friday, August 8, 2008

One down, 11 to go!


A week ago, my new office looked like this...

Normally, it wasn't quite this messy (well, the mess was generally confined to the surfaces in the office and not in the middle of the floor)!  I took this picture after I cleaned out the closet so I could recall what it used to look like.

I was inspired to get moving on this project this morning.  I had already packed up and moved all of the boxes.  I needed to get the furniture out of the room so we could start the demolition.  I conned Skaterboy into helping me move the remaining furniture out of the room (access to a car is a powerful motivator!)

Now the room looks like this!


All in all it doesn't look too bad, but you can see the floor is really worn in the lower left hand side of the photo.  There is just a touch of the drop ceiling and the cork wall in this pic too.  While it wasn't intentional, I noticed that I happened to capture our lovely yellow toilet in both the before and after pictures.  Someday, that too will be replaced!

1 comment:

NV said...

OMG! I'm glad you photographed this. (The "during" is as important as the "before" in DIY scrapbooking!)

It's awesome that you've made progress. And yes, bribery will get you most places. :-)