Tuesday, September 23, 2008

D.I. Done!

The craft room/office is ready!  Finally.  Ok, it honestly has been completed for a week or so but I have been kind of distracted by work related stuff lately so I haven't had time to think clearly.

This time, Mr. Monkeygirl outdid himself.  He will personally confirm that I am picky. Just mention "bathroom floor" to him and he may just run screaming from the room (I'll let you in on the story in another post).  But there isn't one thing in my room that I would change.

The room looked like this when we started:

Now for the big reveal...drum roll please.brbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbr


I don't think the photos represent the real color of the room, but I can't seem to quite get myself together enough during daylight hours to take some pictures.  I have to give a big thanks to the following people.
  1. Mr. Monkeygirl for letting me see "the vision" and for his willingness to follow through on my wild ideas.
  2. SewWhat? for her expert advice and sewing talents on the window coverings.  Without you, I would still be trying to sew a straight line or searching endlessly for just the right thing online!
  3. Skaterboy for his interest.  It is hard to get teenager's engaged in home life but he did drop in frequently and offer his opinion.  He likes it and I think his friends where completely floored by the change.  He says I should get a whopping big plasma for the wall so I can watch the DIY shows while working.  I think he is a really smart boy!
  4. MEF Nik for sharing the DIY portion of her brain with me.  Without it, I'm not sure what we would have ended up with.  Our original plans would have been ok, but remember I'm a perfectionist and it would have driven me crazy.

5 comments:

NV said...

Awwwwright! That looks like it is just dripping with awesomeness. Can't wait to see it live.

sewwhat? said...

Wow, it's beautiful! It was my pleasure to be a part of the transformation. Hope you have many excellent moments in there doing your crafts!

MonkeyGirl said...

NV - It is so cool! The pictures just don't do it justice! Did you notice the Chandler in the picture? ;-)

Sewwhat? - Thanks for all of your help and support in my wonky sewing skills. It wouldn't be "complete" without your help!

Anonymous said...

MonkeyGirl I am awed at what you have created. And yes, I spotted the Chandler right away!

MonkeyGirl said...

Mama Martha - thanks! Mr. Monkeygirl wasn't so pleased with Chandler's presence in the room but he will get over it!